Access to and use of www.lean6.com.au both within Australia and internationally is provided by Lean 6 (Lean 6) on the following terms:
1. By using www.lean6.com.au you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of www.lean6.com.au If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to www.lean6.com.au.
2. Lean 6 may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.lean6.com.au will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on www.lean6.com.au then the latter shall prevail.
3. You agree to use www.lean6.com.au only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use of www.lean6.com.au Prohibited behaviours includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within www.lean6.com.au.
4. This website and its content is copyright of Lean 6. All rights reserved. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
5. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on www.lean6.com.au and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in Lean 6. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.lean6.com.au content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.lean6.com.au content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of www.lean6.com.au content requires the prior written permission of Lean 6.
6. The names, images and logos identifying Lean 6 or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Lean 6 and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trademark, design right or copyright of Lean 6 or any other third party.
7. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Lean 6 you agree to grant to Lean 6, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Lean 6 services. In certain circumstance Lean 6 may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
8. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
9. In order that Lean 6 can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Australian laws, that you have the right to give Lean 6 permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution.
11. If you do not want to grant Lean 6 the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with www.lean6.com.au.
12. Any links to third party websites from www.lean6.com.au do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Lean 6 and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
13. www.lean6.com.au content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to Lean 6, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. To the extent permitted by the laws of Australia, Lean 6 excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Lean 6 does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by Lean 6 is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of Lean 6 for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
14. Lean 6 shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.lean6.com.au regardless of the form of action.
15. Lean 6 does not warrant that functions available on www.lean6.com.au will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.lean6.com.au or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
16. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
17. The failure or delay of Lean 6 to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive Lean 6's right to enforce that right.
18. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Australia, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
This policy ensures that Lean 6 Pty Ltd (Lean 6) meets its legal and ethical requirements in regard to the collection, storage and disclosure of personal information it holds in regard to its students, staff, other clients and interactions with external organisations.
1.1 In collecting personal information Lean 6 will comply with the requirements set out in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001.
1.2 Lean 6 is committed to ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and security of all information.
2. Collection of Information
2.1 In the course of its business Lean 6 will collect information from students, potential students, and other clients either electronically or in hard copy format; including information that personally identifies individual people.
2.2 Lean 6 will record various communications between the organisation and students, prospective students, other clients and associated organisations.
2.3 Lean 6 will only collect personal information by fair and lawful means which is necessary for the functions of Lean 6.
3. Use of Information
3.1 The information supplied by individuals will only be used to provide information about study opportunities, to enable efficient administration, and to maintain proper student and client records. If an individual chooses not to provide certain information then we may be unable to provide some services or provide appropriate information.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1 Personal information about students studying with Lean 6 may be shared with the Australian Government and designated authorities, such as Australian Apprenticeship Centres (AACs) and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER). This information includes personal and contact details, course enrolment details and changes, and circumstances related to funding (if applicable).
4.2 Lean 6 will not disclose an individual’s personal information to another person or organisation unless:
a) the individual concerned is reasonably likely to have been aware, or made aware, that information of that kind is usually passed to that person or organisation;
b) the individual concerned has given written consent;
c) Lean 6 believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or of another person;
d) the disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
e) the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue.
4.3 Any person or organisation to whom personal information is disclosed as described in this policy is not permitted to use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was supplied to them.
4.4 Where personal information is disclosed for the purposes of enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the purpose of the protection of the public revenue, Lean 6 shall include in the record containing that information, a note of the disclosure.
5. Security of Personal Information
5.1 Lean 6 will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information collected is:
a) relevant to the purpose for which it was collected;
b) up to date;
c) complete; and
d) accurately recorded.
5.2 Lean 6 will store securely all records containing personal information and take all reasonable security measures to protect personal information collected from unauthorised access, misuse or disclosure.
6. Rights to Access Records
6.1 Individuals have the right to access or obtain a copy of the personal information that Lean 6 holds about them. Requests to access or obtain a copy of personal information must be made in writing and sent to: GPO Box 434, Bentleigh, VIC 3204.
6.2 There is no charge for a student to access personal information that Lean 6 holds about them.
7. Amendment of Records
7.1 If an individual considers the personal information that Lean 6 holds about them to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, they can request that the information be amended.
7.2 Where a record is found to be inaccurate, a correction will be made. Where a student requests that a record be amended because it is inaccurate but the record is found to be accurate, the details of the request for amendment will be noted on the record.